Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Obligated To Post



I just wanted to add my friends Clam and Jeff to my list on the side and I always feel obligated to post everytime I update but I couldn't find anything new so here's an old figure drawing from a year and a half ago. I wish I knew what I learned in the classes I have taken since then because I didn't know squat about shadows and most of my drawings tended to be in high key. Fortunately, this was one of the ones that were suppose to be drawn in high key. Back then I always focused on certain areas that I reacted to the most. In this case it was the the hand and arms. I took the face a challenge because it's always been difficult for me to draw heads that aren't right side up.

I just got done with a rendering project and I remembered this quote my friend Dan showed me by Paul Madonna. After a couple of all-nighters, this quote epitomizes how I feel at the moment.

I've had trouble knowing when I've done enough in a day, unless I've worked myself to exhaustion./
What bothers me the most is that I try to measure accomplishment against time./
It feels cliche, but I wonder,/
Would I criticize a tree for how often it blooms?/

Here is the link to the artwork that accompanies the words.

No comments: